The Respiratory Care Department at Loring Hospital provides a comprehensive program of respiratory care service to both inpatients and outpatients with known or suspected pulmonary (lung) disease or dysfunctions. Our respiratory therapists are highly skilled professionals who work to evaluate, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders caused by many diseases and conditions.
Our Inpatient Services Include:
• Respiratory Therapy Evaluations
• Nebulizer/MDI instruction & treatments
• Spacer instruction-to help with proper deposition of MDI medications
• InCheck Dial to help with management and instruction of proper MDI
• Acapella to help with sputum removal
• EZPAP to help with deep breathing in conjunction with nebulizer treatments
• Incentive Spirometers
• Peak Flows to help manage asthma patients
• Sleep Apnea Screening—STOP BANG, Overnight Oximeters, Apnea Links
• Arterial Blood Gases
• BIPAP V60
• Oxygen delivery, weaning, management & qualification via 6 minute walk tests
• CPAP/BIPAP management & assessment to help patients wear and adjust pressure, as well as card downloads to see patient compliance
• Trach care
Our Outpatient Services Include:
- Apnea Link & Overnight Pulse Oximetry
- Holter Monitors- 24 or 48 hour
- Event Monitor-30 day
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Sleep Studies—screening, testing and interpretation
- CPAP/BIPAP management
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab
- Vest Therapy
Our respiratory care therapists treat patients with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchitis, lung cancer, stroke, pneumonia, heart attacks, birth defects, emphysema, cystic fibrosis, or sleep apnea. Trauma victims and surgery patients are also treated by respiratory therapists.
We also provide educational material for common respiratory diseases and smoking cessation. And with many of our services, a consult with our dietitian, Jill Williams, is included in your fee.
Call Loring Hospital's Respiratory Therapy Department today for more information, 712-662-6367 or 712-662-7105.