Face-to-face SHIIP appointments, wellness screenings resume
July 3, 2020
As COVID-19 restrictions begin to lift across Iowa, Loring Hospital has resumed a number of services. We look forward to seeing you soon – and please rest assured knowing Loring has taken a number of steps to ensure our facility remains safe for you to confidently receive exceptional care! Listed below are just a few service updates. Please call 712-662-7105 for questions or for additional information.
Loring Hospital’s Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) counselors are resuming face-to-face appointments after temporarily suspending in-person services due to COVID-19. Please call 712-662-6371 to set up an appointment, or if you prefer, you can still certainly speak with one of our counselors remotely. Loring’s SHIIP counselors, LeAnn Olhausen and Lori Mentzer, are happy to answer Medicare-related questions any day of the year.
In addition, Loring Hospital's discounted wellness screenings are back. Walk-ins are welcome to visit Loring's Lab Drawing Room any Wednesday morning from 7:30-11 a.m. Screenings include:
- Wellness Profile $25: Includes screenings for glucose, calcium, ALT, cholesterol, HDL and LDL cholesterol, triglyceride, sodium, potassium and chloride.
- Lipid Profile $10: Screens for cholesterol, LDL, HDL and triglyceride levels. May help determine cardiac risk factors.
- Blood Sugar $10: Measures the amount of glucose (blood sugar) in the blood. May detect diabetes.
- Hemoglobin $10: May detect anemias.
- TSH $20: Thyroid Stimulating Hormone - may help detect thyroid disorders.