Loring Hospital Auxiliary
The Loring Hospital Auxiliary is fueled by the support and enthusiasm of more than 250 volunteers from nearly every town in Sac County. The Auxiliary was formed to promote and support Loring Hospital and other health related activities within the county and area served by Loring Hospital.
The Loring Auxiliary supports the hospital in many ways:
- Greeting and directing visitors at the Volunteer Registration Desk.
- Hosting Lunch 'n Learn programs for the community throughout the year.
- Providing the TeleCare program for the elderly or shut-ins who need a daily, friendly call each morning.
- Sponsor employee recognition events/services for hospital staff
- Raising money at our annual May Luncheon, Trivia Night and Bridge Tournaments to purchase "wish list" equipment for the hospital each year.
- Awarding scholarships each spring for area students seeking to further themselves in a health-related field.
- Providing "Busy Bags" for children while they are an inpatient at Loring.
Fun Things We Do
Each year the Loring Auxiliary brings our volunteers together at our Annual Meeting in October, our Spring Luncheon and "Lunch and Learns" throughout the year. Fascinating speakers, and a delicious meal along with fellowship make these events enjoyable.
For two years we organized a Cy-Hawk Cookie War challenge weeks prior to the ISU/IA football game. Over 3500 cookies were made by the Loring dietary department, decorated by Auxiliary volunteers and sold! This was a great fundraiser for the Auxiliary with proceeds going to Loring for needed equipment.
Our newest fundraiser is a Trivia Night for the entire county held late winter. Several hundred people attend each year, enjoying an evening of trivia and social time. Many businesses throughout the county donate items for our silent auction. Proceeds again go to Loring Hospital for "wish list" items.