COVID-19 Resources, Updates and Information
- June 5, 2020: Cloth face coverings are an additional step to help slow the spread of COVID-19 when combined with every day preventive actions and social distancing in public settings. Follow these guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on how to properly wear a mask.
- May 29, 2020: COVID-19 and Surgical Procedures: A Guide for Patients
- May 23, 2020: When to Seek Care or Testing
- May 11, 2020: Loring Hospital and UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine – Sac City and Lake View are looking forward to increasing service access and returning back to normal operations while continuing to keep the health and safety of all top of mind. https://www.loringhospital.org/about-us/news/loring-hospital-to-phase-in-elective-surgeries-and-treatments
- May 1, 2020: Universal Masking at Loring Hospital
- April 30, 2020: A case of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has been confirmed in Sac County. Loring Hospital continues to work closely with Sac County Public Health as it follows protocol for investigating and notifying any individuals who may have had exposure to the individual who tested positive.
- April 24, 2020: A statement from Loring Hospital regarding Governor Reynolds' decision to resume elective surgeries and procedures:
Starting Monday, April 27, Governor Reynolds announced hospitals can begin phasing in elective surgeries and procedures. While this news is encouraging, Loring Hospital is actively exploring all angles and scenarios related to this decision, including ensuring that the hospital maintains an adequate supply of personal protective equipment. As always, Loring Hospital will continue to take all necessary measures and precautions to protect the safety and well-being of our patients, staff, and community.
- April 6, 2020: Keeping Loring staff, patients and families safe is critical during these unprecedented times. Though the hospital currently has an adequate supply of masks and other personal protective equipment, we continue to be proactive in addressing the possibility of future supply challenges due to COVID-19. We are overwhelmed with gratitude for those who have donated PPE. Loring Hospital is currently accepting PPE donations, including the following items:
Please mail your donations to the following address:
Attn: Teresa Wirtjers
211 Highland Avenue
Sac City, IA 50583
If you have additional questions, or would like to make a monetary donation, please call 712-210-4941 or email email@example.com.
- March 27, 2020: A message from our UnityPoint Clinic affiliate regarding non-essential appointments: In order to protect our patients and team members, UnityPoint Clinic has postponed all non-essential appointments. To avoid potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, Family Medicine – Sac City and Lake View has dedicated morning appointments for essential and non-respiratory illness visits (i.e. injuries, rashes, etc.). Respiratory illness appointments will be scheduled in the afternoon. Exam rooms will also be designated based on appointment type. In addition, waiting rooms are not currently being used. Patients are being notified of a new check-in process when they schedule their appointment and where to wait. For more information on where to go for care, please visit https://www.unitypoint.org/coronavirus-where-to-go-for-care…. Please also remember to call before visiting any medical facility.
- March 24, 2020: Ancillary services update
- March 20, 2020: Surgical procedures update
- March 17, 2020: Alternative entrances and limited visitor hours
- Postponed or cancelled community events
Loring Hospital's Facebook page
Sources of Information